A positive parent-child relationship is vital for your child’s development, and so important for you as a caregiver. Building Blocks is a free and confidential in-home visitation program that supports parents/caregivers and their children under the age of 6 years.
We focus on:
• Family strengths and needs
• Increasing family’s health and well-being
• Supporting parents to strengthen their parenting and child development knowledge including developmental milestones
• Building supportive networks and connections to resources and services
Building Blocks offers individualized in-home visits which include:
Information and support regarding:
• pregnancy and postnatal care
• parent and child interaction and attachment
• child development including ASQ screening
• social connections
• healthy relationships
• health and well-being
• any other areas you would like information on.
• Connections to community services and groups and service coordination
• Addressing needs, you or your family may have
• Setting personal and family goals
Are you eligible for Building Blocks?
You are eligible for the program if you are an expectant parent(s) or you have a child(ren) under the age of 6 years, and you are experiencing adverse challenges such as meeting you and your family’s basic needs, current or past mental health or addiction issues, marital or family stressors, etc.
“I have received a lot of help from the Building Blocks program, from weaning from the bottle to solving sleep problems to potty training. It is a great program.”
“I have learned to stay calmer, less frustrated. I feel like I have a support system, learned to be assertive and take care of me too.”
“I have learned more about nutrition and how to keep my family healthy. We are coping with stress better.”