Raising a happy and healthy family takes support and encouragement from your community. The Bridges program provides a broad range of information, support, advocacy, and referral services for families.
We focus on:
• Your family’s needs
• Increasing family’s health and well-being
• Supporting parents to strengthen their parenting and child/youth development knowledge, including developmental milestones
• Building supportive networks and connections to resources and services
Bridges offers individualized in-home visits which include:
Information and support regarding:
• responsive parenting
• parent and child/youth interaction and attachment
• child/youth development
• social connections
• healthy relationships
• health and well-being
• meeting your family’s basic needs, i.e. shelter, food, clothing, etc.
• transitional planning
• parent/teen mediation
• any other areas you would like information on
• Connections to community services and groups and service coordination
• Addressing needs, you or your family may have
• Setting personal and family goals
Are you eligible for Bridges?
Bridges in-home, intensive family support services will be provided to parents/caregivers who:
• care for children and youth under the age of 18 years
• reside in Medicine Hat, Redcliff, Cypress County, County of Newell including Brooks, Bassano, Rolling Hills, Duchess, Patricia, Tilley, Scandia, Rosemary, and Oyen including Acadia, Empress, Cereal and surrounding areas; and
• identify the need for family support services based on identified challenges such as mental health, stress, difficulty meeting basic needs such as shelter, food, clothing, etc.
“It has changed a lot for me, just knowing someone is there.”
“Very connected to community, client centered, staff go above and beyond.”
“I feel listened to, so that helps with my depression.”
“[I was] so much more stressed and confused/hectic before Bridges.”