Every pregnancy is a new experience. From the moment you learn of your pregnancy, there are plenty of things you can do to ensure the best for you and your baby.
Best Babies is a free and confidential home visitation program that supports expectant parents and their baby under the age of 12 months.
We focus on:
• Family strengths
• Pregnancy and your family’s needs
• Increasing family’s health and well-being
• Supporting parents to strengthen their parenting and child development knowledge including developmental milestones
• Building supportive networks and connections to resources and services
Best Babies offers individualized in-home visits which include:
Information and support regarding:
• pregnancy and postnatal care
• parent and baby interaction and attachment
• child development including ASQ screening
• social connections
• healthy relationships
• health and well-being
• feeding baby and nutrition
• any other areas you would like information on
• Setting personal and family goals
• Connections to community services and groups and service coordination
• Addresses needs you may have about your pregnancy and other matters.
• Access to a lactation consultant and registered dietician
• Free nutritional resources such as free prenatal vitamins, supplements and food coupons, if eligible.
Are you eligible for the Best Babies program?
You are eligible for the program if you are an expectant mother or you have a child under the age of 12 months, and you are experiencing adverse challenges such as meeting you and your family’s basic needs, current or past mental health or addiction issues, marital or family stressors, etc.
“The social support of home visits was nice because it answered many of my questions.”
“The coupons helped out a lot financially as well as the prenatal vitamins. It was nice to know you can ask someone questions.”
“Breastfeeding has been easier this time around because of all of the support I received.” - Mother of two